Thursday, August 25, 2022

What's new with me, you ask? 

Well, read below and find out!šŸ˜€

So, I’m going through a sort of transitional phase in my life. A little shy of two years ago I made the decision to step away from my career job so that I could gain more of my life back. My daughter was pregnant with our third grandchild, and I wanted to realign my work/life balance to actually include the life part. I took a position with another company that allowed me to work a much more reasonable schedule. It resulted in a more than serious bite into my income, but the tradeoff was having more time to spend with my family… especially my three adorable grandkids. 

 The money I gave up paled in comparison to the time I gained to be with family. A trade I’ll never regret making. The older I get, the more important having the quality time to enjoy what’s really important in my life has become to me. 

Recently, I decided to take another step forward in my journey towards my work/life balance goal. This fall, I’m about to move away from working my current full-time job in favor of a part time job. Scary? A little, but I’m in my sixties and really want to dedicate more of my work life to my writing career. But I'm also not willing to give up any of the family time I’ve already gained back when I started this whole career change thing a couple of years ago. I mean, if not now, when? Life is just too short to keep waiting for the perfect time. And besides, it’s time I bet on myself. I fully expect my creative writing output to increase tremendously with this upcoming change. 

 

All of that being said leads me to this – I enjoy writing. I enjoy writing about a somewhat arrogant, wise-cracking PI. There are three full-length novels in the Razzman Mystery Crime Files series and one collection of short stories. Sort of a Razzman Files Extra companion to the series. I am currently tightening up my next release, Top of the Third: A Trio of Tony Razzolito PI Short Stories. It's the second book in the short story collection companion series. It will include three crime/mysteries all with a baseball theme weaved throughout. Murder and mayhem should be expected šŸ˜‰

 

I’ve also started book 4 in the Razzman Mystery Crime Files series. The working title is Dead Center: A Tony Razzolito, PI story. Not sure if the title will stay the same and there's no cover to share at this time. But I can't wait to share it with you when the time is right! šŸ˜€



____________________________________________________________


Meanwhile, if you want to dig into the series and follow along with Tony (The Razzman) and his team while they work to solve the mystery, you can click the link here to find access to the books: šŸ‘‰ Welcome to The Razzman's world :)


As always, comments are welcomed and encouragedšŸ˜Ž


Until next time... 





 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Living your best life. It is said that, if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life-I applaud YOU!! Your creativity just flows onto everything you write! Would love to know how Rizzo came about. Kudos, Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, Joe! Such cute grands;)
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete