Thursday, May 4, 2023

 Meet Underground Author, K. D. McNiven

I've been spending a lot of my time in Magnolia Bluff this year. Between writing a book for this wonderful series and reading the books by the other contributing authors, in a way, I feel like I've moved to the Texas Hill Country. Of course, if I lived in this quaint little town, I'd have to keep my head on a swivel just to make certain no one was trying to kill me. Murder seems to be a regular occurrence in Magnolia Bluff. 

As one of the newer members of the Underground Authors, I was pleased when I heard that K.D. McNiven had signed on to write a book for the series. For anyone not familiar with McNiven's work, she is a multi-genre author who has not one, not two, but three fabulous series under her belt, as well as two standalone novels.

I've been a fan of this author for quite some time and have enjoyed her Decker and Callie Adventure series and her Detective Brock Scanlin Files series. I have Sheba's Treasure, the first book in her Sam Carter series downloaded on my Kindle. I've also read her two standalone novels - Science Fiction/Jurassic thriller, Bone Quarry and Paranormal Adventure, India Dymond: Order of Nine and loved them both. And I know now that she's completed her 2023 Magnolia Bluff mystery, she's hard at work writing the third Brock Scanlin novel.

She has written a wonderful book for The Magnolia Bluff Crime Chronicles series. Who Killed Lilly Paine? is book 13 and will be released on May 20, 2023, and I can't wait to read it.

Here is the blurb from the back cover:

Deputy Detective Madeline (Maddy) Dawson returns home to take a new job with Magnolia Bluff's Sheriff's Department. But when she discovers the body of a family friend in Miller Creek, Maddy finds her life turned upside down.

While navigating a tough case offering little evidence, Maddy becomes a target.

As she and fellow detective Clay Monroe set out to investigate, she is confronted with dead ends, relationship issues, attempts on her life, and demons from her past. Can Maddy overcome the war raging inside as she desperately searches for answers in this challenging and dangerous case?

___________________________________________

If you've read any of McNiven's books, you already know that she is a terrific storyteller. She has shown her ability to grasp the reader's attention by writing great stories filled with action, adventure, and mystery, told through characters with depth and personalities that make you care about what happens to them. 

If you have not discovered the many worlds of K.D. McNiven yet, do yourself a favor by whetting your appetite with one of her titles below while you're waiting for the release of Who Killed Lilly Paine?

You can learn more about K.D. McNiven and her books by visiting her website here: K.D.'s Website

And you can get your own copy of one (or more) of McNiven's books by clicking here: K.D.'s Amazon Page






 






__________________________________________________

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog. And of course, your thoughts and comments are always welcome. 😊








Meanwhile, you can find my books here: The Razzman Mystery Crime Files

Until next time...😎

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed learning about Kay and her books. I can't wait to read about Lilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you- I'm looking forward to her new book... Thanks for reading, Rox. :)

      Delete