Monday, February 5, 2024

Rough start to the year, but finally... I can get back to writing!

I ended 2023 the same way I started 2024 -- sick! I came down with what I thought was a severe cold over the Christmas holiday weekend. By December 26th, I was feeling bad enough that I went to see my doctor. They tested me for Covid and the flu. I didn't have Covid, but I was diagnosed with the B strain of the flu. I picked up my Tamiflu prescription and went home where I preceded to have the worst ending to an old year and an even worse start to a new year that I can ever remember. 

Let's just say January was pretty much a blur. I spent the last week of December and most of the first week of the first month of the year in bed. Then, when I thought I was finally on the other side, the wonderful aftereffects of the flu kicked in for the next three weeks culminating in an extremely lo-o-o-ong night in the emergency room due to an elevated heart rate and some other issues. They ran a battery of tests, and thankfully, everything turned out okay in the end. But let's just say I did not get much writing accomplished during the first month of the year.

Although 2024 began with a whimper rather than a bang for me, I choose to believe that it can only get better as the months roll along. The good news is that I am back at my desk and diving into the two projects I've committed to writing this year. First up is my second book in the Magnolia Bluff Crime Chronicles series. It will be the twenty-sixth book in that series and will be released in July. I'm also working on the fifth book in my Razzman Mystery Crime Files series, which will be out towards the latter part of the year.

For anyone who has read Second Chances, which is book seventeen, but my first novel in the Magnolia Bluff series, I think you'll be pleased with my follow up coming in July. The action in the new book starts off quick and intensifies as the story moves along. So, if you haven't had the opportunity to read Second Chances yet, you have until July to get caught up on how my protagonist, retired NYPD narcotics officer Brandon Turner assimilates himself along with his two-year-old Labrador Retriever, into the crazy, crime filled, murderous world of that small-town nestled in the heart of the Texas Hill Country.

You can certainly read Second Chances without having read any of the other books in the series, but in my opinion, you're missing out on some mighty fine storytelling if you don't devour all the books in this wonderful series. And the best part about it is that you can read them in any order you'd like as they are all standalone novels set in the same town. The authors even share characters that interact with their own to keep a continuity in the stories across the series. You can find all the books in the MBCC series by clicking here: MagnoliaBluffCrimeChronicles

For those of you who have read any of my Razzman PI mysteries, I hope you'll be interested and maybe even looking forward to knowing that Tony Razzolito, his partner Scott McHenry, and of course, the inimitable, pizza loving, Brooklynite, Vinny Gabrianno, along with the rest of the cast of characters that are a part of the series will be making a return before the end of 2024. I've got a cool mystery cooked up for the next full length/fifth installment and I can't wait to share it.

More about my new Magnolia Bluff Crime Chronicles book and the new Razzman Mystery Crime Files book as we get closer to the release dates.

Meanwhile, you can find all the Razzman mystery books by clicking the link below the line🠟


________________________________________🠟

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog. And of course, your thoughts and comments are always welcome. πŸ˜Š








You can find my books here: The Razzman Mystery Crime Files

Until next time...😎



No comments:

Post a Comment