Sunday, July 14, 2024

Get to Know a Little About Me and My New Release - Catch a Tiger by the Toe - By Joe Congel

Last year I entered the world of the Magnolia Bluff Crime Chronicles when my first novel for the series was released in August 2023. 

Second Chances was well received, and I have all of my readers and the support of my fellow Underground Authors to thank for that. My main character, Brandon Turner, packed up his life in New York City and found himself a home in small town Magnolia Bluff, Texas. He'd spent many years as a narcotics detective for the NYPD before making the decision to retire. There's only so much big city crime and the problems and accusations that come along with it that one man can take.

So what happens? He moves to a small town in the Texas Hill Country that rivals the body count per capita of the city he just left behind. And of course, as soon as the local police find out who he is and what he used to do for a living, they immediately tap on his shoulder for help solving a murder. 

Now, almost a year later, he's settled into his new home and enjoying his retirement. But not for long...

Catch a Tiger by the Toe: Magnolia Bluff Crime Chronicles, Book 26 is my newest entry into a mystery series that's now three years strong. I've ramped up the action in this one. I believe it's an exciting suspense-filled mystery-thriller that will keep you up turning the pages long past your bedtime.

The release date is Tuesday July 23, 2024

I'm looking forward to getting this book into your hands and I'm hoping you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Preorder your copy TODAY for the limited time price of 99¢ by clicking here: Catch a Tiger

______________________________

Here is the blurb from the back cover of the book:

Two kids dead. A killer daring the Magnolia Bluff police to catch him. Who will win this deadly contest between good and evil?

A child is snatched from her stroller and murdered. Seventy-two hours later, a little boy suffers the same fate. The only clues are a couple of photos, an old counting nursery rhyme, a flash drive, and a stuffed toy animal left near each of the bodies. Is it the work of a killer preying on children--or something even worse? Retired NYPD detective Brandon Turner is in a race against time as he hunts for a killer--before another child dies.

Once again asked to work alongside the local police, Turner finds himself clashing with the lead investigator as they set their sights on stopping a madman killer who is forcing them into a sick game of "catch me if you can."

Police Chief Tommy Jager and Sergeant Investigator Reece Sovern are counting on Turner's skills as a former big city cop to help them rein in the terror in the hearts of every parent in a little town nestled along the Texas Hill Country called Magnolia Bluff.

________________________________

A little about me:

I was born in Syracuse, NY and spent the first thirty-five years of my life battling the exceedingly long winters and enjoying the few days of summer that creep in between the snowflakes each year. 

Now I call Charlotte, NC home. Been here since 1995. Great weather nearly year-round. I can honestly say I have never unpacked the winter parka I brought from New York. Light jacket or a sweatshirt occasionally, but most of the time, I wear a Hawaiian shirt and shorts. The mandatory retirement outfit men wear when living in the south... Lol.

I helped raise two wonderful kids who've grown to become two extraordinary adults. I am enormously proud of them both and feel privileged to be their dad. I've also been blessed with three amazing grandchildren. I'm a very lucky man.

When I was a much younger person, I was a pretty good tennis player. My creaky arthritic knees have robbed me of that pleasure, but I keep up with the sport and watch all the major tournaments during the year. I'm also a BIG baseball fan. Most summer evenings you will find me watching an MLB game on television or if the local MiLB team is home, you might find me at the ballpark watching the game while enjoying a hotdog and a beer. I've been to several major league games in several different major league ballparks over the years. One of my biggest baseball highlights was going to a World Series game with my son a couple of years ago.

I own several guitars - my favorite being my Gibson SG '61 reissue (if you know, you know) and even used to play in a band--mostly (classic) rock and roll--and I'm still known to pluck a little here and there.

My writing -

I'm a member of the Underground Authors, the WolfPackAuthors, the Charlotte Writers Club and Sisters in Crime International as well as the local Charlotte chapter, Queen City Suspects.

I've written several short stories - mostly for myself. I do have a short story included in each of the two WolfPackAuthors anthology books as well as a collection of shorts I self-published. You can find them all on my Amazon page here: Joe's Books

Besides penning two Magnolia Bluff books, I also have a PI/Detective Mystery series. It's called The Razzman Mystery Crime Files and stars my sometimes-snarky private eye, Tony Razzolito AKA the Razzman. He's joined by his girlfriend, Karen Daugherty, his partner in the PI biz, Scott McHenry, a tough as nails, soft as silk police captain, Rita O'Connor, John Cahill, a police detective that doesn't think much of PI's, his partner, Detective Lucy Havens, who keeps him grounded, and a semi-mob connected enforcer, Vinnie Gabrianno. Mixed all together, they help me write, what I think is a pretty darn good private detective mystery series. Of course, you're welcome to judge for yourself by clicking here where you can learn more about the books and maybe even read a few: Razzman Series


The Razzman Mystery Crime Files Series
- A Modern Take on the Hardboiled Detective -

_______________________________

You can check out all the books in the 

Magnolia Bluff Crime Chronicles series here: MBCC Series

Plenty of good stories - Plenty of good reading







____________________________

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog. And of course, your thoughts and comments are always welcome. 😊








You can find my books here: The Razzman Mystery Crime Files

Until next time...😎

8 comments:

  1. Joe Congel's mystery writing effortlessly captivates and enthralls readers, keeping them engaged. Readers can only put his books down once they discover the answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rox. I appreciate your support of my work. And thank you for reading my post and taking the time to leave a comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I’ve been reading Joe’s books since his first, and while they are all great, he just keeps getting better and better. Catch a Tiger… which I got a sneak peek of, is his best yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous. I appreciate your support of my writing. And thank you for reading my post and taking the time to leave a comment. :)

      Delete
  3. Joe, it's been a great time having your writing skills as part of the Underground Authors. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charles. I appreciate your kind words and support of my work. And thanks for reading my post and commenting. :)

      Delete
  4. Loved reading your bio. Found out things I didn't know:)
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - figured I’d reveal a bit more this time around. Thank you for reading and commenting, Sandra. Much appreciated!😊

      Delete